Sunday, September 27, 2015

Pho Huong Viet Saigon, Bayswater MELB

I am constantly on the lookout for delicious eats that would not put my wallet in debt. Imagine the joy on my face when I scouted this place after driving past numerous times and after reading some positive reviews. I tend to quickly browse through the negative comments as food discussions are pretty subjective and at best, should be taken with a pinch of salt.

True enough, this place was packed despite it being slightly after lunchtime. Service wise, it is prompt if you order a bowl of pho. However, my plate of broken rice took a good 20 minutes to arrive and my companion had then already finished his bowl of noodles.

4 colour bean drink ~ a little bland for my liking and the ice had been quite coarsely crushed which denied me the pleasure of a smooth textured drink:/

Pho ~ price wise, it was comparable to other Vietnamese restaurants that I have been to in Melbourne. Am not sure if I am being overly fussy but I thought the portion was a little stingy (as in less meat bits compared to other places).

Combination broken rice ~ this was the saving grace for me. The piece of pork was cooked to perfection without bordering on the dry side. Only negative was my sunny side egg was well....lost in the clouds aka the yolk had broke.


Pho Huong Viet Siagon Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: