Sunday, September 27, 2015

Cupcake Central, CBD MELB

Once upon a time, this little girl declared her dislike for cupcakes aka the prettier, petite version of a muffin or a slice of cake. Sure these dainty pieces are such pretty additions on your afternoon tea table but really, do you want to pack on those calories from gorging what appears to be a butter cake weighed down by a massive dollop of icing? Er, no.

Years later, aka in the last couple of weeks, curiousity got the best of me and successfully persuaded me to purchase a cupcake. Ok, I was also equally tempted by browsing through Cupcake Central's instagram feed pffft.

I bought one just as a pre-dinner snack and it was love at first bite. Confused I was but it did made a huge impression on me. Over the next few weeks, I was constantly poisoned by thoughts of visiting them again but this time round, getting more cupcakes. A cupcake a day, yes?

I also did stalk them quite a bit because I wanted to make sure I get my hands on a few of my favourite flavours when I visit. Clearly I have a determined bone in me.

Purchased a box of 4 cupcakes and the joy in me was describable. Passionfruit white chocolate, Shirley temple, doughnut and cookies and cream cupcakes!




My second round visit verdict? Still worth the hype and certainly proved me wrong about cupcakes. These little treats have got some wicked, creative flavours and worth a try if you are a cupcake virgin like me.

And if you wonder about my protest against icing? Let's just say these ones are sugary sweet but yet, still brilliantly flavoured which compliments the cupcake well. I would run an extra 10 minutes on the treadmill for these.

Cupcake Central Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: