Thursday, November 26, 2015

Nabe One, CBD MELB

Where did November go? I swear, this had been such as crazy (in a good way) month for me. Just about everyday is filled with new agendas be it a personal or work related affair. Alas, I have time to sit down and slowly pen my thoughts with a cup of matcha on hand. More on the matcha obsession in a later post.

I can hardly bypass walking into Emporium in the CBD region no matter how hard I try not to. Aside from it's convenient location it is also a great food hub and surely there is something here for everyone.

I am currently into all things Japanese related and so, I have been craving for food from this part of the orient. In need of a lunch break without having to wrestle my way through a crowd, we decided on Nabe One for a decent bite.

Ramen served with soft shell crab ~ not a big fan of having corn in my  bowl of ramen but aside from that, bonus points have to be awarded for that crunchy piece of deep fried soft shell crab that is not overly soaked in oil.

Tempura ~ I am trying to stick to a healthy regime at the moment so do believe me when I say that the deep fried items here are worth the extra calories. The oil used for deep frying is clean and I am happy to note that there is no annoying burnt pieces that is stuck to my tempura pieces. Would have liked some grated daikon to go with the dipping sauce but hey, that's just a minor point.


Gyu don set ~ the don set comes with a bowl of hot miso soup and a small serve of tofu. The individual ingredients in this gyu don was freshly prepared and still retains a lovely bite as opposed to a soggy, overcooked texture.

Nabe One Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: