Sunday, November 29, 2015

Hunky Dory, South Yarra MELB

Fish and I are not the best-est of friends. As a child, the sight of a slimy piece of fish skin is enough to put me off consuming the fish's flesh and at times, the addition of fishy scents do not aid the situation.

Sadly, being heavily involved in the science and medical field made me realize the importance of consuming sufficient amounts of fish as part of a balanced, healthier diet. My current diet is a far cry from perfect but I am working on it. Henceforth my never ending search for fishy options whenever I dine out.

In my humble opinion, the best way to consume a piece of fish is when the fish had been deep fried. Oh yes, we are talking about the Brit's favourite fish and chips here. Undesirable sights and scents begone, hello crispy fish:)

There are many Hunky Dory franchises all around Melbourne but because I have only tried the one in South Yarra, this blog post only refers to this particular outlet, not the entire franchise as a whole.

Service is fast, ample of seating space and definitely a nice place to catch up with some mates over a cold glass of beer or white wine, if you may.

Grilled fish pack ~ fish of the day with chips and salad. Comes with a generous serve of tartare sauce and lots of chips underneath the fish. Would not say its a mind blowing meal but heck, don't expect fine dining for $13.50, which is pretty much the average cost of a decent main serving.

Feel free to top up your order with other types of fish available on the menu such as barramundi, dory or king george whiting.

Salt n pepper calamari ~ a little soft for my liking although kudos for a good serving size. Comes with a sweet chilli mayo sauce on the side:)

Hunky Dory Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: