Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Juicy Bao, MELB CBD

I cannot explain how much (and why) am I so obsessed with dumplings or steamed buns. As a child, I do look forward to sinking my teeth into a juicy steamed pork bun that my dad usually gets from the market every saturday. Maybe this could have attributed to my addiction? Either that or the fact that I can have an assorted of dumplings laid in front of me. Such is life.

Good friend J gave me his thumbs up for this place but I never did got around to it until that day. Definitely not a fine dining institution nor a tacky Chinese eatery but more so somewhere in between I daresay. Service is efficient and certainly a place where you get good value for every cent spent.

Shanghai stir fried noodles with shredded pork ~ slightly on the greasy side but still tasty.

Signature steamed juicy bao ~ the bao's skin is on the thick side but goodness me, the meat filling was so succulent and juicy. Highly recommended:)

Shanghai pan fried juicy bao ~ $9.80 for 6 pieces may seem like a rip off but wait, this is not a dumpling. Its a bun that has been lightly seared at the bottom and lightly soaked with some of the meat filling's juices. Again, the bun could be a little thinner but that's a very minor downside. Loved this plate of goodness and would happily have the entire serve to myself.

Pan fried chicken and pork dumpling ~ nothing out of the ordinary but definitely value for money.

Juicy Bao Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: