Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Kedai Satay King Street, CBD MELB

Last Saturday's weather could not have been any kinder, considering that it is still summer here in Australia. A cool breeze greeted me the moment I stepped out of the train station and at every turn into the little city alleys.

What may seem like a long stroll to our foodie destination turned out to be a calming walk down memory lane as I slowly recalled my first few steps in this unknown city.

Stories aside, we got here a bit before the dinner crowd appeared, just in case, and placed our orders on a few dishes that were too tempting to pass up.

Bandung - I love anything with rose flavour in it and this was no exception. A nice drink to have with all the spicy food that follows suit.

Chicken satay skewers - chargrilled meat, generously coated in a sweet, savoury peanut sauce, served with a dollop of spicy chilli sauce and a serve of vegetables. Simple delicious.

Grilled lamb ribs with rice - I think the same sauce used for the chicken skewers may have been used here but nevertheless, it was a sauce that I could easily polish off from the plate so no qualms from me. Flawless piece of protein we have here that easily pulls apart with a light tug and extremely flavourful too.


Soto ayam aka Indonesian chicken soup -  A popular dish among diners as just about every table had ordered this for sharing. Lightly flavoured chicken broth that comes with a generous amount of shredded meat and a while boiled egg. Again, something that I could easily polish off and to be honest, it does fit into my eating regime!

Ayam kremes - I like how the little fried bits add a pleasant textural element to an otherwise plain dish of fried chicken with rice. Cannot fault how the chicken is cooked at all.


Kedai Satay King Street Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: