Anzac day is just around the corner and it's the only time in the year where making an Anzac cookie has its significance. Here is a simple and easy recipe to commemorate the Australian and New Zealand soldiers'services during World War 1. The first time I made it, I thought it was a tad too bland and after adjusting the ingredient quantities a bit, I think this one is a winner:)
1 cup oats
2/3 cup dessicated coconut
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup plain flour
3 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
2 tsp boiling water
1. Mix the oats, dessicated coconut, plain flour and sugar together.
2. Melt the butter and golden syrup together and allow to cool until its warm to touch
3. Mix the boiling water with the bicarbonate soda and add that to the butter mixture.
4. Make a well in the oats, coconut, flour and sugar mixture and pour in all the liquid ingredients.
5. Shape into round cookies and bake at 150C for 13 minutes.