Friday, May 2, 2014

Midvalley Kuala Lumpur food hunt - Canton-I Restaurant

Alas, I finally have time to blog about my short trip back to Malaysia. After visiting Taiwan, it was only appropriate to head home prior to flying back to Australia. Staying in Kuala Lumpur is a gastronomic experience for any foodie and I doubt you will have time to taste everything there is to offer.

Time was not by my side and so, I headed to one of my favourite malls in Kuala Lumpur, Midvalley. Ranging from cheap clothing/ housing selections to affordable brands to higher end merchandise, there is something for everyone here. I can literally spend days wandering around here.

Anyway, back to talking about food before I drift off further into my shopping fantasies. I can't recall when was the last time I have been here but from memory, Canton-I is a pretty reputable restaurant which can get really busy during peak trading hours. Lots of yummy dishes listed on the menu and we somehow managed to narrow down to a handful of options.

Fish porridge with fried you tiao pieces ~ After getting my wisdom tooth extracted, soft food became my best friend (well, until I can chew again!) and this was the obvious choice for me. The porridge had a creamy consistency and the rice was boiled in the stock until it reached melting point (melts in my mouth!). A bit of crunchy you tiao gave this porridge a nice pinch of salt and texture. Very nicely done:)


Roast and barbequed pork ~ this is a must have in Malaysia as it is very different to the ones we get in Adelaide. The pork pieces have been marinated long enough to absorb the finger licking sweet savoury sauce whilst the roast pork was succulent and had a nice thin layer of crackling. Tempting indeed.

One needs to have a plate of noodles to accompany the juicy selection of pork. It is a traditional practice in Malaysia, trust me:)

Iced lemon tea ~ A little too much ice for my liking but nonetheless, a good balance of sweetness and acidity.

Milk tea ~ Can't say much about this as I had not tasted it but looked good at that time:)


No comments: