Thursday, May 12, 2016

Japan: Aoyama Flower Market Tea House, TOKYO

As I pen my thoughts on this blog post, I cannot believe how time quick April flew by. Felt like it was only yesterday that I was looking forward to my long awaited trip to Japan.

While I would love to share the entire trip's details on this blog, it's probably better for me to dissect it into a few parts because there's simply too much to absorb in one seating. Trust me, there's a lot to take in which is why I will be separating the food posts from the travel diary posts;)

One our second day in Tokyo, I managed to drag the sister to Aoyama Flower Market Tea House, located near the Minamiaoyama subway line in Shibuya. We arrived here just as the cafe doors began to open at 11am - I have heard stories whereby queues actually formed outside the cafe..not something I want to encounter really..


In summary, it is one of the prettiest cafes I have ever visited. I do have a weakness for flowers and become jello like when the flowers are freshly plucked. I love how strategically located the flowers are around the cafe - just about every corner is instagram worthy!

There is a good selection of teas listed on the menu and if you're not too keen on having sweets, they do serve savoury food as well:)



Rose parfait ~ one of the most popular items on the menu and yes, it was worth the hype. Rose jelly had a pleasant fragrance that went well with the equally subtle vanilla ice cream and sponge cake. So much prettiness in a glass cup.

 
Flower palette ~ green tea cake, granola, chocolate ice cream, cranberry jelly and cream. My kind of deconstructed brekkie. Would not say the green tea cake is the best that I have had but it is light and fluffy. Jelly was verging on the tart end of the spectrum but try mixing it with the not so strong flavours of the granola and cake - helps to tone down the acidity.


Would I visit this cafe again? Yes I will. A girl can dream, can't she?:)

No comments: