Monday, May 23, 2016

The Kettle Black, South Melbourne MELB

I am such a sucker for anything sweet, be it for breakfast, lunch or dinner and so, you can be fairly certain that most of the places I dine at will have something sweet worthwhile trying out ;) Yes, by worthwhile I do mean getting myself out into the cold and run off those calories.

Estimated waiting time was about 20 minutes which wasn't too bad considering how busy the establishment was. Took a while for us to get our ordering done as staff were clearly busy trying to attend to everyone.

 Eggs on toast with bacon and chorizo ~

Hotcake with ricotta, blueberries, pure maple, double cream and seeds ~ one of the most picturesque plates I have laid my eyes on and was I excited to dig into it. I have a very high tolerance for sugary food and found it a little too sweet to my liking. Probably due to an overzealous addition of maple syrup but never mind, I still enjoyed nibbling into that fluffy hotcake. This was such a huge portion that can be easily shared amongst a couple of friends. Warning: do not attempt this yourself haha.

The Kettle Black Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: