Monday, May 16, 2016

The Stables of Como, South Yarra MELB

Yet another sunny day in Melbourne and how else to spend it than basking in the sun with a good cuppa on hand? Having had an extremely challenging week, I could not have asked for a better way to unwind.

Surrounded by lush greenery, this well situated cafe was packed full of hungry brunch-ers on a Sunday morning. Being able to stroll around aimlessly in the gardens, I failed to take note of the time and before I know it, the cafe rung to offer me a table.

Latte and vanilla bean milkshake ~ both drinks were good and if granted the ability to not gain inches around my waist, I would have happily drank the entire milkshake. I love vanilla scents and this ticked all the right boxes.

3 egg mushroom and baby spinach omeletteand truffle pecorino ~ a little under seasoned for me but still delish nonetheless.

Slow baked eggs, forest mushrooms, buttered leeks, brie and pangrattato ~ not a big fan of cured meat but I love the creamy and crunchy textures coming from the bowl of slow baked eggs. Perfectly seasoned and was such a treat to have with slices of warm bread.

Scones with jam and cream ~ verging slightly on the doughy scale, I would have liked to see a little more colour on the scones and albeit their pale appearances, it still ticked the right spots for me.

Plain croissant with butter and jam ~ a quick fix for some.

The Stables of Como Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: