Sunday, July 31, 2016

Mobile upload: July's foodie finds

To think that May and June flew by quickly, July must have been travelling at the speed of light in comparison. I am slowly picking up the habit of being more adventurous when it comes to food as opposed to sticking to my usual routine.

Here are a few new items that I have tried this month!

Agathe Patisserie's poppyseed, orange and grand marnier almond croissant - I love love this one especially when its warm. Strong orange fragrance paired with silvered pieces of almond and an almond filling - match made in heaven once it got together with a bit of alcohol! Highly recommended and worth queuing up for.

24 chicken mcnuggets for $9.95 - I had about 3 rounds of chicken mcnuggets this month alone and although it was a pretty good bargain, I think my waistline did a bit of compromising haha. Oh wells, I'll just have to work harder at the gym;)

As some may notice, I have been experimenting with preparing healthy meals but one thing that I have yet to perfect is muesli or granola. Which led me to testing out different brands of muesli or granola. Bought this one because it was on special and it's packed with lots of protein with each serve. Not too sweet at all and goes well with yoghurt or even on its own :p

Bodum cup - for the longest time I have put off the idea of purchasing this cup. But...after a week of constant utilization, I cannot live without it now. Made my smoothies and drinks look so good in it and that double walled concept means I no longer can burn my fingers touching hot items:)

Cornerside beef - never again. I was under the impression that I bought a good slab of beef but turned out that its been cured aka salty-fied. Not something I want too much of in my diet:(

Nike metcon - bought a new pair of Nike sneakers as the ones I was using did not provide enough stability and support to see me through my intensive gym classes. Originally priced at $180 and reduced to $75. Happy days.

Byron Bay cookies - I have heard of this brand before but never did get around to trying it out. This trip choc fudge cookie is a must try for chocolate lovers out there - cookie like crunch with a bit of soft, cake like crumbliness and pockets of chocolate nibbles. Delicious.

Dotty - This is a fun cookie to have and in a way, it did brightened up my day just from its mere appearance. Very happy colours.

Byron bay's white choc chunk and macadamia nut cookie - my first impression was that it's slightly doughy and possibly under-baked. However, I slowly grew addicted to it and eventually bought a second one a week later. I love its creamy, smooth texture, made better with the addition of decadent macadamia nuts in it.

Moccona latte - This is probably for you if you like your coffee to verge on the milder side of the scale. Quite a milky character and I would advise to be cautious of adding too much milk to it.

Not food related but here's a monthly picture update of yours truly - I am 90% back to black coloured hair and am loving it. Am wearing a Kookai dress and the quality is amazing. Kookai has some of the best basic, well-made wardrobe pieces which costs a bit more but is worthwhile the investment because you can pair these items easily!

No comments: