One of my favourite recipes that is quick and easy to whip up, not to mention healthy too. One can use whatever veggies are available in the pantry be it corn, beans, carrots and the list goes on.
Fish fillets, cubed
A packet of firm tofu, cubed
2 carrots, thinly sliced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
A knob of ginger, minced
Spring onions, sliced into thick pieces
1/2 cup of homemade chicken broth
Soy sauce & dark soy sauce to taste (about 1 tbsp of each)
Cornflour for thickening the sauce
1. Lightly coat the fish fillets with plain flour and pan fry until cooked. Set aside
2. Fry ginger and garlic with a bit of sesame oil until it appears golden. Toss in carrots and chicken broth.
3. Allow to simmer for a few minutes, add tofu cubes and spring onions.
4. Add soy sauce and season to taste.
5. Add cooked fish fillets and depending on the thickness of the gravy, adjust amount of cornflour solution so that the gravy won't be too thick.
6. Serve with warm rice.