Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The German Cake Shop

This is part 2 of my visit to the magical German side of South Australia. It's nice to explore different cultures every now and then, just to keep you entertained with "boring" ol'Adelaide. I have been here for nearly 5 years and there is still so much I do not know about this place!

We walked  by this bakery and decided to grab some snacks for our trip and when we looked at the front counter, there were just too many delicious goodies to choose from. I couldn't decide if I wanted something savoury or sweet and stood there for at least 10 minutes!

I wanted to try something uniquely and authentically German but completely forgot to ask:( Ah wells, there's always next time, right?:)

Jam berliner~ soft and fluffy bun dusted with cinnamon sugar and an added dollop of jam.


It's stuffed with jam in it too! (Can't tell if it was raspberry or strawberry but I'm not fussy). Nothing better to kick start the road trip:)

Pig's ear~ not exactly sure why it is known as pig's ear but it is yummy. Had a unique taste and it could be from the added spices.


So what am I having next time? Maybe a bit of cakes and a savoury item? Will keep you guys posted!!:D

The German Cake Shop on Urbanspoon

No comments: