Friday, August 17, 2012

Tin Cat Cafe Restaurant and Gallery

Cruised here for tea last weekend with a bunch of friends. The entire street was poorly lit and tucked in a little alley of shops was this cafe. Cozy atmosphere which somehow exuded a very relaxed feel, perfect for a chilly winter night.

The menu's front page is quite adorable and although the menu wasn't extensive, I still found it difficult to choose what I wanted.

Garlic bread~ literally garlic and bread served with a dollop of aioli. Garlic was nicely roasted/ baked and bread slices were delicious.

House bread served atop pumpkin seeds~

I am VERY obsessed with bread (which would explain why I can't seem to get rid of stubborn fats), especially bread served in restaurants/cafes. This one is fluffy, soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside.

Mulloway fillet served with broccollini, artichoke risotto and oven-grilled tomatoes~

Potato gnocchi with pumpkin, gorgonzola and sage, $29~ First time I have ever picked a vegetarian item on the menu and I am not regretting it. In terms of portion, it is huge!! I could barely finish this up. I kept coming back for more after each bite and I love the little bits of added gorgonzola cheese in it. So delicious and would recommend it to any vegetarian:)

Tin Cat Cafe Restaurant and Gallery on Urbanspoon


Anonymous said...

thankyou for your lovely words, claire and the tincat team

Michelle said...

You're most welcome Claire! Keep up the good work:)