Thursday, October 18, 2012

Sushi Train

The weather lately has been just too beautiful to stay indoors and I couldn't stop myself from frolicking on the streets in my badass Zara jacket and sandals. I don't really need to wear a jacket but I don't want to get a tan too soon, ey?;)

I was on a big mission last weekend, trying to accomplish as much as I could on my birthday and was in need of a quick fix to get me through the day. Thankfully, sushi train was able to cater to my need: efficient, delicious, affordable and most importantly, healthy as well.

We arrived slightly after the lunch crowd disappeared and secured a table for ourselves. At sushi train, the convertible "train" transports a vast variety of sushi dishes, ranging from vegetarian to carnivore friendly, around for customers to choose from. If you don't like the look of it, don't pick it! As easy as ABC. If it's not on the train, you can request for it and it would be delivered to you soonest possible.

The pricing of each dish depends on the colour of the plate (which is shown on the board). Most of the popular items would costs around $3.50 to $4.50 for a plate and this could be costly to some, so be warned if you are feeling extremely hungry!

Aburi salmon~ Salmon pieces topped with sweet mayonnaise and sauce, garnished with spring onions. If fresh fish isn't your cup of tea but you are looking for a dish which can boost your omega 3 levels just as well, this is for you:)


Salmon sashimi~ if you are trying to cut the carbs from your diet, this dish should be for you.

Salmon belly sushi~ and if you are looking for that melt-in-your-mouth moment, this is your answer. The fat layer of the salmon is saturated with omega 3 goodness, ready to mellow away in your mouth:)

Green tea is not only refreshing but a good antioxidant source!

Tuna sushi~ I'm not a fan of tuna but if you are, go for it!


Dragon roll~ cucumber and cream cheese enclosed in sushi rice and topped with grilled eel, garnished with sesame seeds. The creaminess of the cheese and crunchiness of the cucumber pieces work harmoniously with the sweet, soft texture of the eel. One of my all-time favourites!

Kakiage roll~ tempura onions and carrot pieces. Vegetarian friendly and delicious as well!

Scallop sushi~ more seafood to choose from!

Most of the sushi dishes are fairly fresh. I have never had any food poisoning problems at sushi train throughout my 5 years in Adelaide, so you can be assured that it's been trialled and tested! Other favourites would be the chicken karage (deep-fried chicken) and soft shell crab roll (oh-so-yummy but sadly, it's not always served at the Chinatown branch!).

I am aware that there are probably better sushi outlets in Australia but so far, this place has always been one of the most convenient, yet fulfilling option for me to satisfy my hunger for raw food:)

Sushi Train on Urbanspoon

No comments: